Sunday, April 5, 2015

whats on my feet?


 


Each pair of my shoes have seen a different thing,
GOD
FEAR
LOVE
EXCITEMENT
DIRT OF THE EARTH
HAPPINESS
SADNESS
Each pair of my shoes mean different things,
I wear them for different events,

I have sneakers, but...
I've never walked the miles you have

My shoes,
They're tired still,
and they're on break.


Then there are ones that sit in the closet waiting for someone to
reach out and wear them out.

But I mean put yourself in my shoes,

cause I don't think you could stand in them for long,
We are ALL so quick to judge..

but before you do,
please wear each and every pair of my shoes.
then you may understand.





2 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. Those last two stanzas were sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the part about your shoes seeing god. that was incredible.

    ReplyDelete