Sunday, February 1, 2015

Scrapped knees & animated bandaids


Endless creativity....
what I would do to get that back,

Boxes of crayons were given to me before I hit a "certain age" where I was "too old" to use crayons.

now...
I go to a place that eats the creativity out of my soul,

I'm given a pencil to draw out my colorful mind.
"good luck" they said

But they didn't know
I hid crayons in a cigarette box, because smoking is cooler than creativity,
ashamed of what that box held I never took it out.

sorry....
I had to fit in...

coloring inside the lines because I am afraid of coloring outside and making a misstake mistake,
DAMNIT

I'm different
no
I'm not....

crayons,
find your way back to my mind
create a canvas
draw me a picture
and let me
EXPLODE WITH COLORS!


box of crayons,

simple

but yet so meaningful.

help me express ME...

ELOUISE HUGHES


1 comment:

  1. That Marlboro pic though. And great line to go with it about cigarettes being cooler than creativity.

    ReplyDelete